Drinking and Driving
Don’t drink and drive this holiday season. Plan ahead and have a designated driver or take a taxi. Be sure to bundle up as often taxi wait times are longer than expected.
WARNING: The movie below is graphic but it does get the point across. Feel free to share with others.
Here is some information from the City of Calgary on how to Report and spot Impaired drivers.
Report Impaired Drivers
Call 9-1-1 anytime a person’s health, safety or property is at immediate risk, including any crimes in progress such as impaired driving. Drinking and driving puts people’s lives and property at risk, so identifying the signs can help stop drunk drivers before it’s too late. PSC has partnered with the Calgary Police Service and Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) to help RID your community of drunk drivers.
Top 10 possible signs of an impaired driver are:
1. Driving unreasonably fast, slow or at an inconsistent speed.
2. Drifting in and out of lanes.
3. Tailgating and changing lanes frequently.
4. Making exceptionally wide turns.
5. Changing lanes or passing without sufficient clearance.
6. Overshooting or stopping well before stop signs or stop lights.
7. Disregarding signals and lights.
8. Approaching signals or leaving intersections too quickly or slowly.
9. Driving without headlights, failing to lower high beams or leaving turn signals on.
10. Driving with windows open in cold or bad weather.
If you see a driver who is showing any of these signs, pull over then call 9-1-1. Do not attempt to follow the driver or place yourself in danger.
Stay safe this holiday season. Don’t drink and drive and be alert for others who may be distracted or driving under the influence.
This entry was posted on Thursday, December 13th, 2012 at 11:08 pm and is filed under News.
Firemaster is looking for Experienced H2S Specialists, Firefighters, EMR’s, EMT’s and PCP’s for all of our locations, click on the link below for […]
Description of Incident: On several separate occasions in the last year, fires of vegetation and waste material occurred at or adjacent to several […]
Firemaster is looking for a EMR’s and PCP’s in our Weyburn, SK location. For more information and locations go to our careers […]