iPhone Charger Burns Down Truck, Almost House
The following is a personal experience a Shell employee went through in Texas. Please read the following.
Hi All, Wanted to share!
As some of you may know, we had a pretty scary incident recently. Attached are pictures of what remains of our 2007 Suburban. We are all okay but I wanted to warn everyone not to make the same mistake I did. This fire resulted from leaving an iPhone charger/docking station plugged into the car outlet. It overheated and started a fire, while parked in our garage.
PLEASE unplug anything you have in your car outlets once you turn off your car!
We were VERY fortunate that we found the fire, at 11pm, before going to bed and before it spread to the house. None of our garage heat detectors or house fire alarms went off (another item to take care of on my “to do” list). Feel free to pass this along to anyone you want. Better safe than sorry.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 at 4:01 pm and is filed under Safety Alerts.
Firemaster is looking for Experienced H2S Specialists, Firefighters, EMR’s, EMT’s and PCP’s for all of our locations, click on the link below for […]
Description of Incident: On several separate occasions in the last year, fires of vegetation and waste material occurred at or adjacent to several […]
Firemaster is looking for a EMR’s and PCP’s in our Weyburn, SK location. For more information and locations go to our careers […]